Re: [T3] generator pulley - mm wrench size?

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 21:10, Jim Adney wrote:
>> On 29 May 2003 at 6:43, Vlach, Joe -CKHS wrote:
>
> >> Want a good laugh...I had trouble getting the "hat" nut off when removing
> >> the generator. I took a trowel, placed the "hat" nut on it and traced a
> >> pattern, cut it out and it makes a cheap but good off set thin wrench to
fit in
> >> that tight spot.
>
>>That's an interesting way to approach that one. I've often wished that I
had a
>> nice offset wrench for that, but I've always managed to make do with a
standard
>> open end wrench.
>
>IIRC, the offset 24mm front wheel bearing wrench works fine. But not
>many people have those.
>I usually just pull the generator to get the nut off the generator
>pulley.

I built one of those wrenches that Muir shows in his book. My wife keeps it
in her car so she can get the gas cap off too, as sometimes it doesn't like to
move. I went one step better than Muir though, as I built mine out of
stainless steel. : ) He does show the way to construct it, or you can cut it into 3
sections and weld it (my version is this way).

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Square AT-the baby suburban