RE: Wiper switch

I was out cleaning up and gathering parts for my project when I came across
this wiper switch; 311.955.517 its a sigle speed wiper switch with a reostat
built in made by SWF. I'm pretty sure its 6 volt, but I've never seen a switch
like this as at first I thought it was a head light switch (its that massive).
Any thoughts on this? I already have a couple that I was going to pick thru to
run on 12 volts. Thanks for any info.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Square AT-the baby suburban