Re: [T3] generator pulley - mm wrench size?

EdwardM=> Muir's "large screwdriver as lever"
=> method seems to be a crude (but effective)
=> way of aligning timing marks.

I dislike the big-screwdriver method because there's no way to avoid
screwing up the tin. I realize most people no longer have the rubber plug
for the timing hole, but it does serve a function and it should be there,
and in any case you don't want the hole to just get continually larger. Why
did they all get thrown away? Because of the big-screwdriver method, they
didn't fit anymore.

The wrench-on-the-generator-nut method didn't work well for me when my
engine was new and compression high, so I developed a refinement of the
first method.

Use the chisel end of an 18" pry bar or crowbar down through the generator
door, fulcrum on the upper inside of the pulley cover. Like the big
screwdriver this will still chew little marks in your pulley between the
lugs, but it gives much greater leverage and control, so you do less of it.
You also wind up turning the engine backward, so valve timing goes 1-2-3-4.
Easy, fast, and belt tension doesn't matter.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 KG1600