[T3] Nasty Backfire

Just when everything seemed to be improving, my engine has taken to scaring
the living daylights out of me and everyone else in my neighbourhood. This
morning at first turn of the key, a gun shot rang out along with a cloud of
smoke/fumes. This evening it has just done the same. Now after warmup the
exhaust note sounds a bit different. What could be causing this? I'm
thinking perhaps an exhaust valve thats not sealing properly, or perhaps an
exhaust leak? The engine runs absolutely fine after the one backfire so
perhaps it isn't a valve- its a bit scary though. Any ideas much appreciated
before me back end drops off!

Mark Seaton
'73 Fasty (Carbs)