Re: [T3] Clutch Problems

On 25 May 2003 at 7:54, Karl Hess wrote:

> My son and his '69 Square have almost an annual problem.  One day the
> clutch is working fine - the next day, it's incredibly stiff.  We have
> gone the DIY path as well as professional installation -  a total of
> four times now.  Two times, the "collar" and the fingers on the old
> pressure plate were bent at an angle.  Any idea what could be causing
> this?  The car is stock except for Baby Webers.

How's the throwout bearing cross shaft? Is it's left bearing okay and is the
bolt that pins it in place also there? Are either of the arms bent, or worn
where they engage the throwout bearing? Are you using good quality parts, what
kind?

Sorry, I don't have any really good ideas, I've never seen anything quite like
this.