RE: [T3] Tired on putting engine cover on ground

Again, this is just a cover from a Square.  That would have to be an
awefully short strap to hold the lid at any height.  Every fastback I have
seen has a little metal tab that holds the lid up. I guess if this was
different for other countries, but I doubt it. Please see the following for
a year to year display of "the tab".

Here is a 72 with tab:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/index.mv?photo+27478.jpg

66 Brochure with the tab to the left: