Re: [T3] Tired on putting engine cover on ground

<x-flowed>

Jim Adney wrote:

In the final year of production, however, VW even dropped the strap and hook from the squares, too, so, for that year alone, the engine covers were all alike.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was just about to chime in and say "I've never seen anything that suggests that I had a strap in my car".

Another nice thing about taking the cover out of the car is that the floor around the engine access hole is perfect for putting the tools when you work on the car. With the cover "strung up" you lose a lot of that space as well.

PerL
73 Variant L