RE: [T3] Tired on putting engine cover on ground

What happens to the rope when the engine lid is down?
Does it just lay on the cover?

-----Original Message-----
From: jason.smith@sarcom.com [mailto:jason.smith@sarcom.com]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 12:38 PM
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: RE: [T3] Tired on putting engine cover on ground

Gary Gamboa wrote:
> Can anyone explain how the strap/string to hold the engine
> lid open was configured. I have a 'buckle' on the top side of
> the engine cover that a remaining peiece of the string was
> attached to, but I cannot tell where it hooked to, or what
> was on the other end of the string.

The strap is about a 3/4" piece of canvas or flat rope like material.  It is
connected to the lid on one end and on the other is a little hook. Then it
is then hooked on the rain gutter on the roof.  The hook is made from a wire
that is wrapped around then bent in the shape of a hook so that it does not
scratch the paint (much ;).  I imagine some sort of rubberized S-hook would
work well.  I hope I haven't made this more confusing?

Jason Smith
71 Square FI AT
Columbus, OH USA
http://jasontsmith.tripod.com/vw.htm