Re: [T3] D-Jetronic vs 34ICT (long)

<x-flowed>On Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 13:35 US/Eastern, Luis Colon wrote:
oscilating idle. I contacted my local VW shop regarding availability /
cost of fuel injection parts before I go through the car. They informed
me that most parts are no longer available and that the system is not
worth trying to fix. In the shop's opinion I should get some 34ICT webers
and remove the fuel injection completely.

if that's what they told you i'd find a better shop. these kinds of blanket statements just scream "incompetent".

as you will probably hear from others on the list, the D-Jetronic is a reliable and economical system.

jens