RE: [T3] Fuel Sender

> > Well I attempted to clean my fuel sender and ended up snapping the
> > resistance wires :( I had just about got the contacts and
> center rod
> > clean and snap!!! Anyone have a fix for this or another sender they
> > can sell? It seems all I would have to do is soder another
> resistance
> > wire but can you find wire that thin and would it be the correct
> > resistance?

> Jim wrote:
> It can be soldered if it broke at the very end or somewhere
> near the middle. I
> don't know what the wire is and I don't have replacements for
> it. You're right,
> you'd have to find exactly the right kind of wire to do this.

I called VDO and spoke with a technician and he said that the guage of the
wire did not matter, but that it is 18 gauge.  I don't know if I believe him
that it does not matter.  The resistance seems to give the reading?

Jason Smith
71 Square FI AT
Columbus, OH USA
http://jasontsmith.tripod.com/vw.htm