[T3] Kevin update

<x-flowed>
	Well!  Let's see...

	We got the upper torsion bar adjusted, and the shaking is gone.

The generator wasn't quite oriented correctly, so we got it squared away for correct cooling.

Couple of hoses (like charcoal canister type stuff) were off in the engine compartment, stuck those back on.

Big cooling air bellows is clampless on the front/small side, and the lower edge was not over the lip. Kevin started working on this, but the bellows started to rip; he'll try to pick up a replacement.

Removed, lubricated, and fiddled with the AC distributor. What year is this for? Seemed to be able to work in some springiness to the mechanical advance. The two little cogs on the bottom were a bit beat up. We think it may not have been fully seated. We reinstalled, with a new o-ring and new points, and did a static timing. (It was also getting late, and the houses are close together here, with kids sleeping all around, so we needed to keep the engine off.) So it has some mech. spring action, but after it returns, you can turn the shaft by hand a bit more in the retard direction. We statically timed it to 0 deg TDC with the shaft fully returned by hand, beyond what the springs would do.

I had a spare AC housing w/ shaft and mech advance, so I gave that to Kevin. Something's just kinda wacky with his, somehow.

His fuel filler overflow hose leaks. Not the worst, but it comes out wet after a drive.

We didn't get into the brakes, but he'll have time to check them. The pedal is firm and doesn't sink to the floor, so that's a good start.

I pulled a wee bit of crud out of the right side fresh air drain hose, but it looks like removal of the low left hose on the '71 may require removal of the fan box? Didn't have time to check that side.

I tried to give Kevin a general crash course in Type III and D-Jet while we worked on everything.

	Here's the obligatory shot of Kevin with his new Square:

	http://vwtype3.org/kevin.jpg

He should be able to check his e-mail again within the next couple of days, so forward any communications directly to Kevin.

	Whew!  I'm off to bed!

-Greg