Re: [T3] Help with a headliner...

Yes Dave those little spring clips are factory, but only on Notches and early
cars. I think they go inside the roof sill section (I've slept since I did
mine) to help tighten and locate the bows. The later models used a plastic
tab / end and dropped into a groove / slot. Study the videos of the headliner
install, as it will give you an idea how it all goes together, and make
adjustments as you go. I had to do this on my Notch too, as the video didn't
cover the sunroof at all. I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Square AT-the baby suburban