Re: [T3] front end shakes

On 20 May 2003 at 1:19, Kevin Guarnotta wrote:

> Well onto my problem. The squareback I am looking at has problems when you are
> driving along, and are turning(not neccessarily a sharp turn, just kind of a
> curve in the road) if you hit any irregularity in the road the front end shakes.

Things to check:

loose left end of the sway bar (upper torsion bar) as Greg already mentioned.
It is very important that this be fixed right away if it has come loose,
because it will destroy hard-to-get and expensive parts if you ignore it.

Steering damper seems to be okay, but there is a rubber bushing in the Pittman
arm that the left end of the steering damper sits in. This bushing is usually
shot and must be replaced to make the steering damper functional.

Wheel bearings should have been adjusted at the wheel alignment, but you might
want to check with them.

Scalloping of the tire treads is a sign of imbalance, so you might want to
invest in a good dynamic balancing job.