Re: [T3] interesting jetting stuffs

----- Original Message -----
From: <vwfye@frontiernet.net>
> have gone from a 115 main jet to a 130 (so far) main jet.  it has been
> interesting from a jetting a throttle response point of view.  the old 4
tip
> labored to let the motor rev to 4k rpm.  the new exhaust breaths so much
> better that i blip 4k with out even trying to.  i would like to point out
> that in my frustration, a mailing listee helped me refocus on what 'cause
> and effect' to look for.  so, thanks Tom Hansen!  Even a dyed in the wool
FI
> guy can help!  hehe... anyway, if i have to go bigger on main jets, i will
> keep you posted of the changes an exhaust can make!  btw, ask toby how
much
> cooler a 2007 runs with a 1 5/8 vs 1 3/8 exhaust!

Just some thoughts/questions here - doesn't the idle jet do most of the work
up to a certain rpm (in the 3k range)?  What I'm thinking is that you are
compensating for a lean idle jet by increasing the main and that you might
be rich on the top end now?  This is one of those things that has ~puzzled~
me for some time now.  What is the effect of the emulsion tube?  Do you have
an O2 sensor installed?

Any inputs appreciated,
Freddie Lochner
'69 Notchback