Re: [T3] Some T4 engine questions.....

Hello-

> > The 1.8 heads are still made in Spain, but not by VW.
>
> Wouldn't you think that whoever makes these would also realize the much
larger
> (I'm assuming) demand for the 2L heads?

Since it was only intended for a low rpm bus, the VW 2.0 has smaller valves
than a 1.8 or 1.7.

As for the 914 2.0, only performance people are interested, and only those
who can find all the other parts to fit (cooling tin, FI, etc.).  Even at
that, after you are done playing with valves/ports/etc., really the only
advantage of the 914 2.0 is the spark plug location, and most people don't
care.  Many that do weld up 1.8 heads and make them 914 2.0.

Take care,
Shad Laws
LN Engineering - Aircooled Precision Performance
http://www.lnengineering.com