Re: [T3] Speedo followup

On 19 May 2003 at 11:46, Everett Barnes wrote:

> I talked to the high bidder, he said it wasn't a problem and that he
> specifically wanted that one because it was a 1970 model.
>
> I'm not sure why, although the ones I have owned in the past have all been
> '71 MPH models, as far as I remember.

I think Russ pointed out that trip odometers were available early on as dealer
installed parts, but, at least here in the US, they only became standard in 71.
That means that grey faced speedos with trip odometers are somewhat rare.

Before 71, the retaining springs on the dash instruments were shorter (padded
dash was thicker) so 71-3 instruments don't fit right in early cars. That said,
I can install any trip odometer in your early case (with the short springs)
rather easily.

It's quite possible that this speedo has been swapped, too.