RE: [T3] MVVC Show in Ypsi, MI

> Just got back from the Michigan Vintage VW Club Festival in
> its new location in Ypsilanti, MI.  Must say first that the
> new location is great.  Lots of shade, grass to park on,
> river for teh kids to throw rocks into, etc, etc...

I just got back to Columbus, OH from the show too and it sure was a nice
location, instead of a hot parking lot.

My Square made the 400 miles round trip flawlessly, distance was something I
had not tested, so that's good news.

One question: there was oily material spotting the back of the Square and my
chase vehicle.  Would this just be the oily bottom and any leaks getting hot
and atomizing with the air flow?  I had to have my wife drive in front so it
would not cover her car.

> The Type 3 turn-out was the best that I have ever seen at a
> show outside of Parma last year.  Let's see...

Yes, truly amazing how many T3's.

> A total of 14 counting the T4s.  Incredible for a midwest
> show.  I will try to post some pictures later tonight if I
> get a chance.

I have some to post also, maybe tonight...

> I picked up a few odds and ends in the swap, but not much
> Type 3 stuff available.

That was the only 'not so good' thing about the show, no parts.  I think my
mechanic from Columus had most of the T3 stuff. Oh well...great show anyway.

Jason Smith
71 Square FI AT
http://jasontsmith.tripod.com/vw.htm