Re: [T3] Gear ratio's

Hello-

> What year was the first for the fine gears?  I do pull a trailer and have
> 72 Tranny set aside to replace my wornout one.

Here's the problem: an early mainshaft accepts coarse 3rd/4th gears, but
also gives a weak 1st gear (38:10 = 3.80).  A late mainshaft accepts fine
3rd/4th gears, but also gives a strong 1st gear (34:9 = 3.78).  Ya just
can't win....

.... unless you remachine a late mainshaft to accept early coarse 3rd/4th
gears!  Tranny shops like Rancho can do this.  I had a box built like that
for a long time with a lot of power behind it (130hp-220hp with different
engines).  It was bulletproof.  It's only problem was that it was missing a
5th gear :-).

Take care,
Shad Laws
LN Engineering - Aircooled Precision Performance
http://www.lnengineering.com