[T3] Wheels

I've got a question about wheels. I know that the Porsche pattern is
popular, but has anyone tried re-drilling hubs to the 4x100 bolt pattern?
This is the pattern for lots of Japanese cars and BMW 4 lug cars. I think
that some watercoolers also use this bolt pattern. There would seem to be a
huge untapped source of cheap wheels here, with lots of choices style wise.
I can see that the offset might be a problem, as most of these cars are
front wheel drive. Anyone with any experience here? By the way, I have a
line on a cheap set of 4 lug 14" BMW BBS style wheels, that's one reason
that I'm asking. Haven't set them in the wheelwells yet to look at
clearance, but they look good in place next to the car "just to see".
    Quick update on project CheapSquare. Got the fuel lines all replaced and
the pump comes on with the ignition on (no leaks : 0 ). I'm happy about this
because that means that the 30 year old FI brain is at least partially
functional. Not getting spark yet, but hopefully that's just a set of points
away. The muffler is just a rusted out hulk, so I'm really looking forward
to the unmuffled roar and huge cloud of dirt/smoke/rust/rodent nest that
will erupt when it finally fires up. Wish me luck all.

Scootjockey

'70 Square "project CheapSquare"