Re: [T3] ISP rep (was: ISP rear cargo mat?)

On 12 May 2003 at 9:48, boinger wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-05-10 at 17:56, Jim Adney wrote:
> > EVERY EBAY AD IS LISTED IN ALL CAPITOL LETTERS. It's just poor form.
>
> I think much more bothersome (and much poorer form) is that they cram in
> some "stock" pile of keywords that generally have little or nothing to
> do with what the given item is.  Instead of taking the time to put a
> decent description (and maybe a few "keywords" for the search engine)
> that are carefully chosen to highlight the item, they take the 'spammer'
> way out.

I should also add that they sometimes have incorrect descriptions for their
parts. They continue to have on auction a pair of Ate brake calipers which they
insist are for type 3s. Anyone who knows VW brakes at all will recognize that
these are actually type 1 Karmann Ghia single pin calipers. The first time I
saw this I emailed them hoping they would add a note to their auction
correcting the mistake, but the only response I got back was, "What's the
difference?"

Of course the difference is 40mm pistons vs 42mm pistons, but that didn't phase
them, and they continue to misrepresent these parts which they have for sale.

I'd like to think that there's someone there who cares, but it's not clear that
that person is running their ebay auctions.