Re: [T3] Another Generator bites the dust

Leon... it may have something to do with your cruising at 90 all day and the
centrepetal force on the commutator  is finally catchin up with ya?

Seriously... this is seldom a problem in normal use.  I use 2 generators
alternately in my Square, and get about 20K out of a set of brushes before I
swap in the other and rebrush the first.  Ive never changed anything else in
them but with all the electrical gizmos and such on my car the generators do
get used more than in a stock application.  the faster you run the engine
though, the faster the generator turns and the faster it will tend to wear
out, especially if you also have any extra accessories that draw appreciable
current.

Keith

, one of the copper segments on the comutator fell off