Re: [T3] somedays you just scratch your head

Some cars just need some time with the new owner before you can get
everything back in its place.
I guess this one needs a bit MORE time.

If things look hopeless... remember us here in the Salt belt,  if the body
is good ANYTHING else is secondary!

Keith

> We transferred a GEX +1900cc motor from Brian's Squareback (the focus of
the
> PO in this diatribe) to his Notchback (which gave us no problems in this
> story).  No rear engine mount in the Squareback so the PO put in an
aluminum,
> box tubing bar across the back of the engine bay using long aluminum
machine
> screws to hold it to the body.  The engine-to-body mounts were present and
in
> very good condition.  The engine DID have threaded bosses for a rear
engine
> mount.  In short, a stock engine mount could have been used, easily, if it
> weren't for...
>
> The transmission is a Type 1.  There are no tranny horns so some 1"x" box
> tubing was welded together to form two small...ahem...'frame horns' spaced
> about 6" on-center.  They were welded to a plate that was bolted to the
nose
> mounts and ran from the nose cone to the tranny bell housing where the
'frame
> horns' were then bolted to the tranny bell housing and supported by some
> various sized pieces of metal up to the upper rear shock mounts.  As
mounted,
> the tranny was push to the rear of the car about 2" to 3" or so.
>
> The reason we put in the alternator was because the car was sucking the
life
> out of the voltage regulators...notice the letter "s" at the end of that
word.
> Installing the alternator allowed us to bypass
the...ahem...AH-HEM!...wiring