[T3] NEW TO LIST - introduction

Hi folks (or should I say volks?)
Just found and subscribed to this list. My wife and I are vintage VW
enthusiasts residing in Decatur, Alabama. I'm 37, she's 26.
We currently own a pair of 68s - a 68 Squareback and also a 68 Karmann Ghia.
The Ghia is a mechanically sound sunday driver with a decent original
interior, but needs a good deal of body work. The Squareback has a very
solid, almost rust-free body, but needs an engine, a new interior and paint.
Both are in the beginning/planning stages of complete restorations.
I already subscribe to a number of online lists of various interests
including one devoted to Ghias. Looking forward to participation in yet
another great VW list.

Any mail order sources for Type 3 resto parts (especially interiors) would be
greatly appreciated. Also, my wife wants to convert the Squareback to
automatic, and I think I may have already found a wrecked donor car with good
engine and auto transmission. Any thoughts or suggestions on this conversion?

Matt & Christy Crunk