[T3] sometimes you just have to scratch your head

<x-flowed>well,
i am home now for the evening and ramble some more...
toby is correct, my frustration isn't with "thinking out side the box", it is with being outside the box without your brain! the previous owner of my car did not have GEX put in heater flaps and often drove the car in cold weather for 2 miles at a time. this caused major 'goo' build up in everything... filler tube, breather box, hoses, and i am sure when i pull the valve covers tomorrow i will find more goo. the 73 square was/is IRS, but as toby mentioned, the PO replaced the standard engine bracing with shoddy materials, and yet he seemed to try and really think out a way to apply the changes. however, when you no have to remove the fan housing in the car to pull the motor, the axles are pointed slightly forward and you don't use a rear hanger that can actually hold the motor... well i am sure you have a better mental picture. the good thing about the car is it is SOLID, but it is still a long way from roadworthiness or trustworthiness... btw, why would you replace the front apron with a NEW unit and then proceed to cut a big hole in it? gots me one of those too... hmmmmmm

--
Brian Fye  http://www.geocities.com/menacefye
1964 Notchback Speedster w/ 2332cc -- driven whenever possible