Re: [T3] Vent wing lock installation...

On Sat, 2003-05-10 at 17:56, Jim Adney wrote:
> On 9 May 2003 at 10:04, William Kunz wrote:
>
> > I just purchased a new vent wing lock. Is there an
> > easy way to detach the old one?
>
> I don't think so. It has always looked pretty hard to me. I think you have to
> remove the glass and 2 rivets, then rivet the new one in. I generally try to
> find a complete vent window mechanism rather than do this. Which side do you
> need? I may have one here.

I have replaced the whole latch by carefully drilling the heads from the
rivets from underneath.  I then GENTLY remove the old latch assembly,
and slip the new latch into it's place. I then install aluminum pop
rivets to hold it. You might want to apply a little silicone sealer on
the new latch before sliding it into place.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT