Re: [T3] Speedo...

On 8 May 2003 at 13:21, Tinybrokenpieces@aol.com wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>     I was wondering if anyone has a NOS early(67) speedo with zero miles on it
>     that they would be willing to part with.  I doubt it, but its worth asking.
>     I just wanted the speedo to have the same milage as the new engine :)

I understand your intent, but I'd still argue for leaving the odometer "honest"
as there are a lot of other things that wear out, too. The engine is only one
of the more common ones to fix. Try to keep in mind that having an old car with
high mileage can be a "badge of honor" signifiying how good these cars are and
how long they will run with the proper care.

At least one of mine went 300k miles, but that took it at least 3 engines. The
second engine was a junker, though and the 3rd, which I rebuilt, was built
using almost all of the original engine parts again.

Several of mine have come to me with broken odometers. That always makes me
sad, because it much harder to guess the mileage when you have no idea how long
it's been since the odometer worked.

I wish our odos carried one more digit. Rolling over at 100,000 really doesn't
cut it. Do km odometers roll over at 100k kilometers or do they go to a million
km?