Re: [T3] ISP parts and other stuff

Greg @vintagewarehouse wrote:
>If it's in an auction it's in stock at the shop. Don't screw with the
>auction just call them up and ask for the parts you want.

 They also have an online catalog too. Anthony is also on some of the forums,
including this one I think, once in a while. I've bought some stuff from them
before, and have had very good service from them. I try to support those who
support type3s, as we are getting fewer and fewer suppliers of parts for our
cars. I've noticed this trend over the last 10 years or so of type3
ownership, and it seems to be getting worse.  Fourteen years ago you could
get new pop out window seals for a Fastback from WCM (can't do that now), but
now they're even offering less, unless it directly interchanges with a bug or
bus.
 On a plus note, this past weekend I successfully used a set of bug outer
window scrapers (the rubber part only) on a type3. They are a little longer,
so they needed to be trimmed, but at least it gives us (type3 owners) another
option (cheaper) for parts to rebuild the scrapers with. These actually fit
better than the ones I bought a couple of years ago from CIP that I had to
modify too. The bus inners still work great for doing the inners on a type3
though, and I haven't found anything better yet. I'm working on another
source for the door seals themselves, as there has to be something out there
for LESS than 100 per door, AND that doesn't fall apart in 6 months. I'm
currently trying a set of 77 Chevy Nova door seals right now on my Square.
These seem to be holding up well ( 6.5 months on them already), but they
needed some trimming as they have a larger sealing lip than a type3, and make
closing the door very hard. They are the right size for the door though, and
at 60 a pair (with shipping), worth trying at least once. I just need to find
out how long they will last.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Square AT-the baby suburban