Re: [T3] new FI guide - THANKS!!

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Edward Morris wrote:

> *starts and idles okay in neutral but once it's in
> gear (AT) it usually dies at each light / stop sign.
> My first guess is timing (not enough advance under
> load?)

	Well, with a number of things -- valve timing, point gap, ignition
timing, spark plug gap and condition -- there's no guessing involved.  You
need to start with getting them all correct.  Once you have all of your
tools and manuals available, you should assume that all
maintenance/adjustments need doing, and you should go ahead and do a full
tune-up.

	Once you've serviced everything that needs periodic adjusting,
you can then accurately troubleshoot to find if anything has actually
failed.  You may be pleasantly surprised to find that your problem goes
away after a full tune-up, but you never know!

Good luck,
-Greg