Re: [T3] Explain this! (cigar lighter and fogs - constant power)

> Having the cigarette lighter wired to constant power makes a lot of
> sense to me, especially in this day and age of handheld communication
> devices. It is nice to leave i.e. the cell phone charging in the car,
> without having to have the ignition on.

This is true, at least nowadays. Whether there was anything you could
connect to your cigarette lighter in 1968 I simply don't know.

Actually the ability to chose how these things work (I am after all wiring
the whole car myself) makes for some very interesting possibilities.
Definitely some more thought is necessary here.

In the mean time, as I've made so much progress recently, before I wire
anything else up I am tidying up what I have done up to now. I had loads of
wires that went from nowhere to nowhere, which made it very difficult to see
what was going on under the dash. I tore them all out, and needless to say
dislodged a few important wires in the process so that it took me a few
minutes to get everything back the way it was. Next I'm going to gather up
all the wires and tie them together in groups, and label them properly, and
then carry on with wiring new stuff.

Thanks to all for the interesting info and advice.

Daniel Baum
1969 Type 34 automatic
Email: daniel@type34.info
Homepage: http://www.type34.info