Re: [T3] Explain this! (cigar lighter and fogs - constant power)

<x-flowed>Once again refering to my Audi, the light buzzer is also connected to the radio via the power feed for the amplified antenna. If I forget to turn off the radio (if the sound is muted) the light buzzer will start singing when I pull the key and open the door. I just need to fix/replace the door jamb switch so I wont forget either the radio or the lights again (see other mail).

Some radios (Blaupunkt is one) lets you turn on the radio manually, even though it is triggered by the ignition switch. It works both ways!

Still I agree with Toby, it is a reflex shutting off or removing the face plate on the radio.

PerL
87 Cq

Toby Erkson wrote:

It's probably because I'm all anal an' stuff, but people always say that and
it NEVER makes any sense to me.  I mean, if the radio is playing how can you
'accidentally' leave it on?  It's making noise, it's face is illuminated!!
Also, I use the radios with faceplates that are removable and I'm in the
habit...no, it's more like instinct or reflex...of removing the faceplate when
I leave the car (which automatically kills the power to the radio/CD) to
reduce theft.