RE: [T3] Explain this! (electrical question)

> When the ignition is off, the red light in the hazard warning
> light switch flashes in time with the flashers. When the
> ignition is on, the red light comes on when the flashers are
> off and vice versa.
>
> How do you explain that?

Here' how I explain it. Whether its right, that's another story.  When the
ignition is on the current goes to the e switch and the signals
independently via the ignition, but when it (the ignition) is off the e
switch directs the current to the knob light and then to the external lights
(which no longer have an independent power source when the ignition is off)
to make them flash.

Jason Smith
71 Square FI AT
http://jasontsmith.tripod.com/vw.htm