Re: [T3] My Synthetic oil experience!

> Secondly: when I talked to the Amzoil rep he shut up really fast
> and disappeared when he heard that my engine didn't have an oil filter.
> Without an oil filter the neatly stored sludge's that get cleaned out and
> re-suspended by the highly detergent properties of a Synthetic get
> circulated over and over again through the bearings. grinding them down
> quickly.

I see no evidence for synthetic not being able to transfer heat.  I've a Beetle
engine that gets hotter than it should, due to low oil pressure (clank-clank
until oil gets into the bearings).  I think your description of bearing wear due
to recirculating sludge and anything else the oil lifted off surfaces is more
likely to be the answer.

Did the rep refund your money?

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club