Re: Electric Impact Wrenches

All this talk of impact wrenches has me picturing Daniel snapping off bolts
and having to drill them out.

I prefer a breaker bar, proper safety precautions, and some PB Blaster (if
rusty).

I had to apply about 500 lbs. of torque to remove my right rear axle nut,
the stupid previous owner used an air wrench to tighten it.  Me + 3 ft.
metal pipe = no problem.

On stuck tranny plugs:  If it's really stuck, I get under there with a 1
ft. piece of pipe on the ratchet and just start kicking it.  The car is
on the ground and the tires are blocked.  I also have a 17 mm allen-wrench
socket, it makes it easier.

--
Everett Barnes
'63 Square, '63 Notch, '65 "SuperGrosse" Karmann ;)