Re: [T3] Bosch part numbers

On 27 Mar 2003 at 12:42, Daniel Baum wrote:

> Why on earth do Bosch parts have two part numbers? I am referring to the
> long number which are actually written on the part, and the five digit
> number which vendors apparently need when you order them.

I have NO idea. Bosch seems to think they should re-number everything about
every 20 years. We're about due for another round....

Did you realize that there was an even older system? Look at your distributors.
See the JFURX...? That's the OLD system.

> Anyway, can someone please provide me with the five digit numbers for the
> following?
>
> Rotor: 1 234 332 082 (04 006)
> Distributor cap: 1 235 522 027 (03 001)
> Condenser: 1 237 330 220 (02 054)

I would have expected any Bosch dealer to have these available. They're in the
back of the Bosch catalog. The middle-east catalogs may well be different,
however.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org