[T3] VW Wrong doings (long)

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd share something that will probably
toss a few of ya. I HAD to put a full shrouded,
tinned, and carbed t1 eng in the fasty the other day.
I will tell you why. I had a single port long block
that was in the back of my storage unit. My 34ict webs
are pretty much kaput and I cannot in no way shape or
form buy new ones. Not even used. I tried EVERYTHING
to get them to work again. I think I found the prob.
They need to be resurfaced. I bought them from a buddy
who dug them out of a junkyard which he found
underneath a bugs' back seat.
 I was laid off at IBM about 6 months ago and still no
job. I have been wrenchin to keep us afloat. Anyway I
was on a $20 budget for the lame conversion. But
nevertheless I was thwarted. I found a rod bolt head
in the sump screen AFTER I put the t1 tin on it and
installed the thing. Figures huh?
 Well I wanted to tell everyone that a bug eng will
bolt right up. No probs except the fuel line length
and the throttle cable length. Even the stock exhaust
was no issue.
 But this gets better. My good engine that came out of
it the first time is still good. Well the long block
anyway AND it also was a bug engine. I just put the t3
goodies all over it to make it fit proper. So now at
my final dilemma I must change the upgraded dual port
engine back to the original single port bug engine.
The only problem again is that I am still on a 20 - 25
dollar budget and that this procedure is time
consuming. (well not too bad once you have done it a
few times - hehe)
 I just thought I would share to everyone what has
been going on in my neck of the woods. If you guys
have any questions about this let me know.

Later guys and gals -

=====
Erick the daddy- 68 fasty, 63 Notch
Updated 8/27/02
http://community.webshots.com/album/19887209ssBljlIzPh http://community.webshots.com/album/24709950SAghTTbUHL http://community.webshots.com/album/41466306gEEGgO http://community.webshots.com/album/45233956bBVuUD
http://community.webshots.com/album/48491788KuTwZz