Re:(T3) Professional Resto

---------- Keen925@cs.com writes:
>Patrick -
>Welcome.  Tell us more about your car - How rusty is "slightly
>rusty"?  Does it affect the vehicle's safety, or is it just an
>aesthetic concern?

Mostly just aesthetic concern right now, but I'm worried about the rust that might be going on in the dark crevices of my car (inside the body). There's a dime-sized hole on the driver's side and a smaller hole right next to a corner of the windshield. Otherwise the visible rust is just very superficial.

>Is everything else OK with the car?  In my (and a few others', I'm
>sure) opinion, 'tis far better to drive a mechanically sound VW with
>some cosmetic "character", than it is to drive a real looker that runs
>like crap.  And for the price of bodywork & paint, you can get an
>engine rebuild, new front end, brakes, tires, a fire extinguisher, and
>lots of other stuff that'll make your car go down the road nice, AND
>maybe get your dad off your back. And if you  got fifty bucks left
>over, rattle-can black looks pretty cool.

Yeah, the rest of the car runs fine. Its just the body that needs work. And if the car -did- need mechanical work, I'd jump right in and do it myself. But bodywork takes a skill I don't have, so...
And rattle-can black would -really- impress my dad, right? ;)
But no, I love the Texas Yellow the car came with.

>Plus, your T3 should be pretty good on gas, maybe be give Pop a break >on his insurance, be cheap to fix, not need an emissions test, not be
>fast enough to tempt you to drag race & collect speeding tickets....

Cheap insurance, yeah. Cheap to fix, probably. No emissions test. But collect speeding tickets? I speed all the time. Just ten over the limit, but that's still fast. Drag racing, on the other hand, that isn't even possible with my car.

>AND still be a damn sight cooler than an Accord, or Eclipse, or
>whatever your friends are driving.

Hell yes.

>What part of the country are you in, sir?  If any of us lives close
>enough to help you with repairs, spare parts, & general know-how, rest
>assured we'll do all we can to help.

I live in Long Beach, CA. And if you know a reputable body shop, preferably vw-oriented, then just point the way...

Patrick