Re: [T3] "R" distributor pics

> The easy thing to do is to just pull off the rotor and see if you see that
snap
> ring, or the felt plug that should be on top of it. Then you can test it
by
> putting the rotor back on and twisting it.

I was able to go out and have a quick look between downpours.

The "T" distributor is exactly the same as the "R", except that the "T"
still has the felt plug in the top of the shaft. It does twist and spring
freely
back. Possibly it sprang back with a little less enthusiasm than the "R"
unit,
but that's only a very subjective judgment. I'd need to ask someone who
actually knows how they're supposed to work to be sure.

I'll put some oil down the shaft and see if it makes any difference.

I suppose the next question is: As both the mechanical and vacuum advances
seem to work, does the distributor actually need to be rebuilt? One further
thing that I didn't like about the "R" unit was the amount of up-and-down
play on the shaft. This is a lot less on the "T".

Thanks Jim for your help in clearing this matter up..

Daniel Baum
1969 Type 34 automatic
Email: daniel@type34.info
Homepage: http://www.type34.info