Re: [T3] wheel bearings, etc.

<x-flowed>

Jim Adney wrote:

On 24 Mar 2003 at 12:55, Earthman? wrote:

I'm sure you can get away with this, but I'm puzzled, why not just replace the
bearing since you already have it apart?

Payday isn't til Friday...

;-) I understand.

The bearing should be less than $10, I think, and if you go to a bearing house you can buy just the inner half, which is the part that always fails

The outer bearing on our cars should be the same as the rear bearing on most watercooled VWs up to about 97/98. This meakes them easy to get, for a good price!

PerL
73 Variant L