RE: [T3] Brakes

On 24 Mar 2003 at 13:27, Vlach, Joe -CKHS wrote:

> This is not a common problem indicating something like a tired master
> cylinder, or wheel cylinder. It's strange. It appears that the brake pedal
> is pushing back toward my foot.

Right, I understand, and I've never seen anything like that before. The only
thing I could think of is that you've got a caliper about to fall off and when
you apply the brakes it wedges somehow and gets pushed back. The clunk you
mentioned bothers me a lot, that's why I suggested that you try to find the
source of the noise and see if that led you to a solution.

Does the clunk occur any time you push on the pedal, or just when you're
moving. How about when you're backing up?

I'd be very concerned about this. A clunk means that something's moving, but
nothing should be.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org