Re: [T3] "R" distributor pics

On 24 Mar 2003 at 20:45, Daniel Baum wrote:

> Further inspection revealed that the washer is there. I pushed the snap ring on
> firmly with a suitably-sized socket.

sounds good

>  I did find the following in a news group (rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled),
> so this may be the answer concerning the Bosch number of the "T"
> distributor. I'll check mine as soon as I get a chance:

> (quote)
> "I have a 1970 Ghia with auto-stick. From all that I can find out the
> correct dizzy for this car iis 113 905 205AD/0 231 167 012. I ordered a
> rebuilt from a well known vendor and received a dizzy with the numbers
> 311 905 205T/0 231 167 014. The number 311 is NOT a transposition. My
> question is if the dizzy I was sent is in fact the correct one for my
> car. Thanks for any input. Jack"
> (endquote)

It's hard to know what this means, other than exactly what it says. I doubt if
the 311T dist was ever OE on any type 1. A rebuilder could build up any style
of dist using parts from any model, if they worked carefully it could be fine,
but mixing part #s like this just leads to confusion, as above.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org