Re: [T3] Best dizzy for AT with carbs?

Jim wrote:
>OTOH, there remains the type 1/type 3 differences between dists:
>They have the #1 cyl marking in different spots, and there is an oil
>groove in the stem which is machined in a different position because
>the installation orientation in the case is different. I don't know how
>important this might be, but VW/Bosch probably had some reason
>for putting this passage where they did.

I was outside today and looking at different VW Bosch dizzys, and they ALL
locate the oil passage in the same place in relation to the vacuum can. This
was loking at about 10 different dizzys of different models. I also looked at
a t-3 and t-1 vac only dizzys, and both locate the #1 plug in the same spot
in the body of the dizzy. The combination (vac & mech advance) dizzys locate
#1 about one plug wire to the right of the vac onlys, and this includes the
t-3 FI dizzy. It appears the VW or Bosch kept them very similar for ease of
manufacturing, and replacement. Just thought I'd share this with all of you.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Square AT-the baby suburban