[T3] Engine video

Hi all,

I've finally done what I've been threatening for some time; I've made a
short digital video of my car's engine starting and running.

The address is:

http://www.type34.info/temp/IM000018.AVI

It's rather a large file (6MB) so probably don't download it unless you have
broadband, in which case it will only take a couple of minutes to download,
or you're extremely motivated.

The camera is on a tripod behind the car. What you see is:

The car wobbles as I sit in the driver's seat.
The engine starts
I get out of the car and then you can see my hand turning the throttle
linkage to rev the engine a couple of times

I think I've got the engine about as good as it is worth getting it for now,
as I can't drive the car yet (no brakes).

The engine has a new distributor (311 905 205T), a new fuel pump, and all
new vacuum hoses. I have also recently replaced both carbs, although the
left one needs further work.

The dwell is 48 degrees, and it is timed to 7 degrees BTDC. I had a look at
the carbs and they were way out (I
can't remember why I changed the rather good setting it had before), so I
reduced the richness and brought them to some semblance of balance. My
Unisyn makes a guest appearance in the video. The idle is still a tad too
fast. It does not backfire, and there are no obvious leaks from anywhere,
including apparently from the main seal, so I seem to have been right that
that was caused by the extreme dilution of my oil by petrol.

I'm not sure how illustrative the video is of how well (or badly) my engine
is running, but I would really appreciate any remarks that all you pros out
there may have. Enjoy.

Daniel Baum
1969 Type 34 automatic
Email: daniel@type34.info