Re: RE: [T3] Air leak fix?

On 21 Mar 2003 at 14:09, Greg Merritt wrote:

> 	Doesn't water work, too?  I thought it was just "convential
> wisdom" that the introduction of flammables through the leak would give
> the engine a little kick in the pants, whereas the "true" effect was that
> the liquid momentarily plugged the leak and (on the carbed car)
> temporarily corrected the lean-running condition.

Remember that a leak here on the D-Jetronic FI doesn't make it run lean. This
is different from most other FI systems.

I think the traditional leak checker is propane: Just use an unlit propane
torch. Depending on whether the mixture is lean or rich the engine speed may
drop or increase. I think you can also use this right in the intake air stream
to judge whether the engine is idling on the rich or lean side.