Re: [T3] Reworking cylindars

On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 18:30, Keith Park wrote:

> Yea, I know.  I still think its a bad idea... but the real proof is using it
> and getting good longevity from the engine.
> how many miles have you acheived with Synthetic on an engine?  You may have
> told me but I cant remember at the moment.  It may also be that Mobil 1 has
> solved the heat transfer problem.

Well, I have been using it in my truck for almost 150K miles. But then
it is not air cooled. My 18HP Briggs engine has used it since the
break-in oil was taken out. I gets the crap run out of it in the summer,
swinging the blades on a 62" mower deck, mowing about 5-6 acres every
week. My previous 18hp Briggs is still running, and it did the mowing
for 10 years with no problems. I now only mows about 3 acres at a
friends house. None of these engines actually use any oil after all this
time.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT