Re: [T3] Water Leaks

On 20 Mar 2003 at 0:26, Mark Healey wrote:

> I have exactly the same problem.  I was told that it is the ECU hole,
> but it isn't.  I removed the side panel and fiberboard and painted the
> ECU side of the sheet metal and the whole bottom of the cargo area
> with bright pink tempera (that water soluable powdered kindergarted
> paint).  The last time it rained there was a trail coming from under
> the right side panel.  I've removed it and have painted the right
> side.  I'll know more the next rain.

In that case, I'm afraid that it's probably rust-thru, most likely at the arch
where the wheel well meets the inner body wall. I'm afraid that there's a good
chance that this arch is eaten away all around. You should be able to pull up
the rubber cover and see it.

I'm afraid this is pretty bad news.

--
Jim Adney