Re: [T3] Reworking cylindars

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 18:19, Keith Park wrote:
> The reason is that New cylinder and piston sets are so dirt cheap at $100
> for all 4 of them.  there is no point wasting your time messing with parts
> that are worn even if they are not worn out.  I suppose for an engine I was
> just planning on getting a few more miles from but even then, by the time
> you get the old ones cleaned up... just not worth it.

I hate to disagree with you Kieth, but the P&C's you get now days for
$100, are not near as good as the orginals were. If I have a good used
set of original VW P&C's, I will re-ring them, rather than buy new.
(Did I say that????) I work for the biggest piston manufacturer in the
world. :=( Don't tell my boss.....

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT