Re: [T3] Professional Resto

Patrick wrote:
>Could anyone tell me an the approximate price range of a body/paint
restoration for >a mildly rusty type 3?

The price really depends on how much prep work you're willing to do. If its
possible try to take it to a couple of shops for an estimate. Talk to other
"old car" owners in your area, as one of them might know somebody who could
help you do the job. In my area there are several of these "old timers"
around who are willing to help others get their car fixed/restored. In some
cases these guys will let you do some things that they wouldn't/don't like to
do, like sand blasting, grinding down welds, things like that. You could call
it an education if you like. A friend of mine went thru something like this a
couple of years ago, and he's still learning about his car, still working on
it and is proud of the fact he can say he had a hand in its restoration. I
hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Square AT-the baby suburban