Re: [T3] no power, blowing oil

I finally got the time and did it. There doesn't seem to be too much of a
difference between idle and higher revs. That pretty much deems the blowby
theory unlikely. I am beginning to suspect the oil pump, lately the oil
light stays on a second or so after starting the motor and it wasn't like
this in the past. What could go wrong with an oil pump?
hisham
70 sq.

> Jim Adney
> jadney@vwtype3.org
> Pull the breather hose off with the engine running and watch to see what
is
> coming out. At idle it is normal to see a bit of puffing. When you speed
up the
> puffing should not increase much. If you are getting a lot of stuff coming
out
> while just standing still, then this could indicate a blow-by problem.
>
> I realize that this require a pretty subjective judgment call. It might be
best
> if you could compare your breather output with someone else's.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by SURFSIDE INTERNET]