Re: [T3] Water leaks?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vlach, Joe -CKHS" <JoeV@cksd.wednet.edu>

> Since the question is being broached, my 69 square is leaking. I tried to
> find the archive on this question, but couldn't find it. I appear to have
> water coming in from both the passenger and driver side. The best I can
> tell/describe, it's above the heater vent control switch; I think that's
> what they are called. I had the suggestion to clean out the defrost tubes.
> My car has the vent covers. So, I don't think water could get in there.
The
> leak happens while sitting, even on a downward slope. The water isn't
> dripping on my feet, it's dripping and running down the interior, right
> above the heater vent controls.

Also check your screen seal and the antenna cable grommet- I have taped up
my fresh air vents but still had water coming in through the screen and
collecting at the sill to door post joint above the front heater vents- this
is where you mean isn't it? I squirted the black stay-soft screen sealant
all round under the cracked outside lip of the windscreen rubber and that
cured it.

Mark Seaton
'73 Fasty, London