RE: [T3] Water leaks?

> I appear to have water coming in from both
> the passenger and driver side. The best I can tell/describe,
> it's above the heater vent control switch; I think that's
> what they are called. I had the suggestion to clean out the
> defrost tubes.

This is almost certainly clogged tubes.

>My car has the vent covers. So, I don't think
> water could get in there.

Those covers definitely do not block water from getting in.

>The leak happens while sitting,
> even on a downward slope. The water isn't dripping on my
> feet, it's dripping and running down the interior, right
> above the heater vent controls.

This is the exact description of clogged drain tubes. Take a piece of stiff
wire (bent coat hanger is what I used) to clean them out top to bottom.  I
disconnect the hoses and put them in a bucket, then use the wire and another
bucket of water or a garden hose to flush the hoses clean, then reconnect
and flush again, in case any debris is stuck lower than the tubes.

Jason Smith
71 Square FI AT
72 Fasty FI AT(at the crossroads)
http://jasontsmith.tripod.com/vw.htm